Shrimp tostadas with Japanese cucumber are one of our favorites. This type of cucumber, with its crunchy texture and sweet flavor, adds an extraordinary touch to our tostadas.
To add an extra touch of flavor to our dish we have prepared a sauce with sour cream, pepper and ground cumin.
- 800 grams of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Japanese cucumbers peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- juice of 2 lemons
- 10 corn tortillas
- Sour cream sauce
- Peel and devein the shrimp with a knife, rinse with plenty of water and then cook in a pot of boiling water for 3 minutes.
- In a bowl, add the finely chopped jalapeño peppers, garlic, salt and pepper to taste and mix with the shrimp. Marinate for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Once the shrimp have marinated, add the cilantro, scallions, tomatoes, cucumbers and mix well. Add the lime juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the corn tortillas on a griddle, remove and immediately add the sour cream sauce seasoned with pepper and cumin.
- Finally, serve your Japanese shrimp and cucumber tostadas with the shrimp mixture and chopped vegetables.
- Use medium sized shrimp for this preparation, you can find them in any seafood store, in case you want to save time when preparing this dish, you can buy them already cooked.
- To season your shrimp tostadas with cucumber you can also use cream cheese adding a few touches of black pepper to taste.