Today we bring you some super tender prawns combined with a varied selection of ingredients to prepare some delicious shrimp tostadas with homemade mayonnaise.
- 500 grams of medium shrimp, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1 chopped radish
- 3 cups cilantro leaves
- 2 seeded tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, stem and seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 small red onion, finely diced
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp and lime juice. Marinate for 25 minutes, then drain and discard all but ½ cup lemon juice.
- Add the tomatoes, chili, onion and radish, season to taste with salt and pepper and mix well, then set aside again in the refrigerator.
- In a food processor, blend the cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper until finely chopped. Add the black mayonnaise and make a sauce until smooth, then refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat then fry the tortillas until crisp, about 1 minute each. Drain on paper towels and season with salt.
- To serve, spread a thin layer of cilantro mayonnaise over each crispy corn tortilla. Top with shrimp mixture and garnish with avocado.
- If you want to save the leftover filling, drain all the lime juice from the shrimp marinade. Store shrimp filling in a tightly sealed container. Removing excess lime juice will keep the shrimp from overcooking.
- These shrimp tostadas with homemade mayonnaise is incredibly refreshing and full of flavors with a fresh texture. It can be served as a seafood appetizer, as a side dish or as a light meal.
- You can serve this dish with crackers and beans, but feel free to serve it with your favorite side dishes.