Are you a lover of exotic and nutritious dishes? Do you want to prepare a meal to surprise your guests? Then don’t miss this recipe for shrimp and surimi tostadas with a touch of Mexican flavor!
Join us to prepare this delicious meal full of texture and flavor that combines Japanese and Mexican cuisine!
- ½ kilogram of small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 400 grams of surimi
- 420 grams (1 can) of drained corn kernels
- 8 tortilla wraps
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- Juice of 3 lemons
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons crushed red chili peppers
- ½ lettuce cut into thin strips
- 1 avocado, chopped in medium chunks
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- In a medium saucepan with enough boiling water, place shrimp and cook for 3 minutes, remove to a bowl with cold water for 2 minutes, drain water.
- In a medium bowl, mix the chopped surimi with the shrimp, adding salt, lemon juice and pepper to taste, then set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat, then add the onion, garlic, bell pepper, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until soft.
- Add the ground chili and then the corn, browning lightly. Transfer the mixture to a bowl, add the chopped coriander and set aside in the fridge.
- In the same skillet, brown the tortillas on each side until crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Place a tortilla on a plate, spread corn mixture over tortilla, top with lettuce, avocado, surimi and shrimp mixture, a spoonful of hot sauce and then sprinkle with extra cilantro.
- Keep the lettuce in an airtight container or drawer to keep it crisp and fresh.
- Some people add chopped pineapple to the filling of the shrimp tostadas with surimi, this is also an excellent combination as it adds a rich and sweet and sour touch to the dish, keeping its rich flavor.
- The shrimp you can use in this recipe can be either small or medium-sized shrimp, both of which can be easily found in any supermarket.